Sunday, July 24, 2011

Finally Home

I have finally returned to my own home after a week of house/dog sitting, and how I have missed my room!

So I watched my mom's friend's house while she and her family went on vacation. They have four dogs that I always "babysat". As much as I love dogs, one of them was a lot to handle, and a huge pain in my butt. I once thought my Chihuahua, Boomer, was annoying, but now I realize how mellow he actually is. Sleeping at this house comfortably was impossible. Apparently all four dogs are always allowed to sleep on the full size bed with their owners. They take up every inch of space, including the space I was trying to occupy! I don't normally toss and turn that much, maybe changing positions three or four times in the night; it was a major hassle trying to re situate myself with two large dogs, a medium sized and a small Chihuahua laying all about the bed, on top and under the covers. I did love playing with them every night before bed however, but I'm so grateful that Boomer sleeps one corner of my bed and refuses to move, even when I try to pull him closer to snuggle.

Tomorrow my shifts for work go back to normal, which means I have Sundays off! Hurray! I look forward to attempting to sleep in before I am forced awake by the sounds of my dad tearing out the carpet in the living room downstairs and laying down tile. Looking forward to at least lying in my bed, whether I sleep or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment